5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board

This is our members' forum. Non-members are welcome to place a post if relevant. Commericial advertising and non-relevant posts will be deleted immediately and your IP address will be banned. Please do not abuse this forum

5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ian Hosie's 7 Platoon

Andy Macdougal and I are preparing an article for the website on Ian Hosie’s 7 Platoon contact of 31 July 1969 in the Hat Dich Secret Zone. Tragically Jim McMillan was killed in that action.
Many of you may know that much of the radio conversations of that heavy contact were recorded by a RAAF Bushranger helicopter in support, and that tape was given to Hoss many years later. That tape is central to the article.
Andy and I would like to include some photographs of the diggers from that action, so if anyone has some pics of 7 Platoon blokes including one of Ian Hosie, preferably pics taken in South Vietnam, we would appreciate your sharing them with us. You can email them to me at dwilkins@bigpond.net.au and when doing so could you please use a large enough format that will reproduce well? Thanks.