5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board

This is our members' forum. Non-members are welcome to place a post if relevant. Commericial advertising and non-relevant posts will be deleted immediately and your IP address will be banned. Please do not abuse this forum

5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Members of 4 Platoon B Coy (2nd Tour)

Hi,

I'm looking for any information that you may have on Peter Waite. Particularly interested in Photos and any stories that you could provide me with. I am looking to fill in some holes in a family tree.

Peter was a stretcher bearer from Feb to August '69 and was wounded twice and mentioned in dispatches once.

Peter died in 1971 whilst training with ironically, 5RAR for what would have been the 3rd tour to SVN but it never eventuated.

Any help would be great

Scott

Re: Members of 4 Platoon B Coy (2nd Tour)

HI Scott, I was in 4 platoon at the same time as Peter Waite and do remember him however I can't tell you much at all. My wife needed some info late last year to help with a surprise for me and she got quite a lot of help from Jock Whittaker who kept fairly extensive records in Vietnam. If you email me I will provide his address for you. Unfortunately he isn't on the web but you can write to or ring him.
Good luck, Simmo