5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board

This is our members' forum. Non-members are welcome to place a post if relevant. Commericial advertising and non-relevant posts will be deleted immediately and your IP address will be banned. Please do not abuse this forum

5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Want to get in contact with Vietnam Veterans!

Hello my name is Gerhard,
I am 27 years old and live over here in Germany. I am doing some reenactment/living history of the middle ages and the roman empire.
I started doing Vietnam reenactment/living history this year. In the meantime I display an American Grunt of the 4/23rd Tomahawks... but I want to start reenacting an Australian soldier as well.
I posted this at the 8th RAR hp as well.
So please if anyone of you is interested, please let me know and get in contact with me!!!
Thank you for your endeavors!
Best regards!
Gerhard

Re: Want to get in contact with Vietnam Veterans!

I realise we Vietnam vets have gone grey and are gettting a bit long in the tooth, but from the MIDDLE AGES or Roman empire times? I don't think so!!
You really know how to make a bloke feel old, but good luck in your venture all the same.

Re: Want to get in contact with Vietnam Veterans!

Hi Dave,
don't get me wrong :) I don't think you are that old... I just wanted to tell where I came from...
I mean it is important to me, that I get a vets okay for working in his personal history and feelings... and thank God there are a lot of you vets left to talk too.
I mean it is just 40 years after the war...
Before I started reenacting US GIs I wanted their okay too, and I can say that those who answered my questions had a positive feeling for my project.
But as I told, I am really interested in your point of view...
- do you think it is okay, portraying a soldier of that time? -
A lot of reenactors say 'Living history is understanding history' and I think that's true in a way.
So to bring my point up again... please dear veterans, contact me and tell me what you think about reenacting your past!
Regards