5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board

This is our members' forum. Non-members are welcome to place a post if relevant. Commericial advertising and non-relevant posts will be deleted immediately and your IP address will be banned. Please do not abuse this forum

5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WHITE FEATHER

Hi;
I've had a burning question for many years and came across the "Tigers" site tonight, so thought I would finally ask. I've a relative who served with 5RAR in Vietnam, he was WIA receiving shrapnel wounds from a mortar, but a short while after he returned home he received a "White Feather" in the mail? I was only a teenager at the time and have been been puzzled by this. How could someone who served and suffered be treated in such a way?

Re: WHITE FEATHER

Mr/Mrs/Ms(?)Richards,

Don't be too troubled! The sending of an anonymous message to your serving relative was in itself a cowardly act! A good psychiatrist would no doubt diagnose the 'clown' who sent the white feather as suffering from 'transference of guilt' for his own lack of intestinal fortitude and commitment to serve his country. Just pigeonhole him simply as..."DICK-HEAD".

Regards
Paul La Forest

Re: Agent Orange

Morning all

There was a small notice in the Telegraph on monday 7 May 2007 on how Sydney Law firm Slater and Gordon are launching a class action against the New Zealand Government on behalf of Vietnam Veterans. We all know the problems Agent Orange has caused over the last 40 years. If enough Vets contact Slater and Gordon we may be able to get them to act for Aussie vets