5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board

This is our members' forum. Non-members are welcome to place a post if relevant. Commericial advertising and non-relevant posts will be deleted immediately and your IP address will be banned. Please do not abuse this forum

5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Crossfire

Hi I am wondering if someone may be able to help me get in contact with the Author of Crossfire Bob Kearney. I am the daughter of a Vietnam Vet that served with 1RAR (Mick Graham) and I have just finished reading this book. THE BEST BOOK I HAVE READ YET!!! I want to thank Bob for helping us Kid's understand what happened over there. This book made me laugh and cry and be more proud of my Dad and respect what he and all Vet's have endured for us. I live in Western Australia and had to make the journey to Nannup W.A to pay my respects at "Tich" Thomas's memorial after reading Crossfire. If I don't get to thank him personally and if he happens to read this I want to say a HUGE THANKS to Bob for sharing his experiences and nightmares with me.

Re: Crossfire

Hi Justine
thank you so much for the feedback. Peter and I have receieved literallly dozens of emails from the sons and daughters of veterans as a result of that book and all like yours tell how much more they understand their dads. It is wonderful to see so many young people even grandchildren attending the Anzac Dawn service and the march. Thank you again for putting your thoughts on paper and sharing your emotions - bet your dad is proud of you too.
Stay well and perhaps one day we might all catch up at Nannup
Cheers for now Robert "Dogs" Kearney

Re: Crossfire

Bob,
Thank you so much for your reply it means the world!!!! Thanks again mate!!!