5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board

This is our members' forum. Non-members are welcome to place a post if relevant. Commericial advertising and non-relevant posts will be deleted immediately and your IP address will be banned. Please do not abuse this forum

5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
C Coy, 7 Plt, 1st Tour

I am trying to compile a pictoral record of 7 Plt, C Coy 1st tour and would appreciate any contributions from former members of 7 Plt.

At this stage I have my own photos, Mick Wahl's photos and a few from Alex Bernotas & John Nyhuis. I also have some film footage from Ray Ferrier, footage of a helicopter extraction and a little bit of the march through Sydney on our return. Ron Edgar is looking to send me his slides for conversion to computer images and I am happy to convert any prints or slides to digital images that anyone may have, with permission to use in the project, to enable me to create a DVD. Said prints or slides would be returned to the contributor along with their digital images on a CD.

This project is a purely personal endeavour and any former member, or families of former members, who contribute will receive a copy of the finished product at no charge.

I have not had much contact with any members of the Battalion since Vietnam and I believe that this can be my way of preseving the memories of our time together with the blokes I served with.

Gary Townsend

Re: C Coy, 7 Plt, 1st Tour

I have just put a small website, on the net, with 7 photos that I am having trouble putting names to some of the faces.

It would be greatly appreciated if anybody could help name any of them for me.

the site is; www.freewebtown.com/fiverar/