5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board

This is our members' forum. Non-members are welcome to place a post if relevant. Commericial advertising and non-relevant posts will be deleted immediately and your IP address will be banned. Please do not abuse this forum

5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pte PJ Jackson

Does anyone remember Peter Jackson who was killed June 15 1969? He is my uncle and I would like to know more about him.

Re: Pte PJ Jackson

I remember Peter.
When we were leaving to go over he didnt have any-one there to see him off as it was too far to come so he joined us and I still have photos.He was a platoon medic like me.
Sorry it took so long to answer but I dont come to this site too often.

Hi Donna

I was just browsing this site, looking for information about Uncle Pete, when I saw your post. Hope you are all well, see you you in a couple of weeks.
Lauren

Gday Folks, i was in D COY in 69/70, and will be going to Canberra i have a dvd of d coy in Vietnam if you would like a copy it may give you some idea of what our base area was like kind regards john hellyer

pj jackson

today sat 23feb008 members of 12platoon visited pj jackson at Binalong and laid a wreath then went to the local to have A DRINK or 7 a great day for all

Thank you to all who visited Uncle Peter's grave and took the time to remember him. It means alot to me and I know it also does to the rest of the family. You are a great example of mateship and should be proud of yourselves.

Wow, I have just visited the website and found the wonderful photos of your trip to Binalong to honour Uncle Pete. From the bottom of my heart I would like to thank you all for making the trip. I know my Dad, (Peter's younger brother) will be thrilled when I show him. I bet Uncle Pete would have been enjoying a nice cold beer looking down on you all while you were at Binalong Pub. It was great to see you found him in the football photos!!

My brother Trent marches with Uncle Peter's flag on Anzac Day each year, and then we head back to the RSL Club in Yass and enjoy an afternoon of 2 Up. I know Uncle Peter will be with us in spirit, enjoying the day in his own special way!!