5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board

This is our members' forum. Non-members are welcome to place a post if relevant. Commericial advertising and non-relevant posts will be deleted immediately and your IP address will be banned. Please do not abuse this forum

5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
'216078 G.T. LEVICK'

I received this email This man is ex 5RAR 1st tour

I am the Exhibit Officer at Maitland Police Station. One of our officers (Sen Cst Vanessa Peate) has seized a couple of medals issued to Australian service men/women.

I have two ref number which we have the items recorded under.

X0002986608 - a medal mount/board containing three medals which I believe is the Australian Active Service Medal 1945 - 1975. It is engraved/stamped on the back with '216078 G.T. LEVICK'.

The Vietnam Medal, stamped on the rim with '21978 G.T. LEVICK' then a bit further around is the letter 'D'.

Finally, the Vietnamese Campaign Medal, it has the same markings on the back including the letter 'D'.

X0002986617 - It appears to be a miniature of the Australian Active Service Medal. With it is a small gold coloured crown with a red centre with the letters/numbers '00'. This appears to be a type of pin that could be attached through a ribbon. There are no engravings on this medal.

We are hoping that you may be able to either supply the name & contact details for the owner, OR at least give him the email address for this exhibit office & the phone No:02-49340219 so that we can return them to the owner.

Thanks
Sen Cst John Layzell

Exhibit Office

Maitland Police Stn.

layz1joh@police.nsw.gov.au

Re: '216078 G.T. LEVICK'

G'day Jens,
Good news, the 'old boy network' has located his granddaughter and she is now in possession of his medals. Sadly, I have also been advised that Graham passed away on 11th October 2001 at the age of 55.

Webmaster
5RAR Association.