5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board

This is our members' forum. Non-members are welcome to place a post if relevant. Commericial advertising and non-relevant posts will be deleted immediately and your IP address will be banned. Please do not abuse this forum

5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
James Reid and Robert Edmonds

Trying to locate James Reid from Perth who spent some time with my family in Sydney pre Vietnam 1969 and Robert Edmonds from Caringbah NSW last heard living in Weipa

Re: James Reid and Robert Edmonds

Dear Lorraine,
Unfortunately James Reid is not a member of the 5RAR Association so I'm sorry I can't help you.

Robert James Edmonds passed away in July 06. You can read the event here:http://www.5rar.asn.au/documents/14_tigertales.pdf Scroll down to page 10.

Kind Regards,

Ted Harrison
Webmaster 5RAR Association

Hi Lorraine,

I am James oldest son and unfortunately he is currently in RPH here in Perth in a terminal condition. I do remember you as dad had pictures taken at the airport prior to his deployment and dad always spoke fondly of you. All of his current illnesses have been attributed to his service in SVN. If you like i can keep you updated of his current condition - I can be contacted on the above e-mail or on mobile 0438 926 885.

Kind Regards,

Rob Reid

Hi Lorraine,

Sorry to post hat dad passed away tonight at 7pm, gone to a better place.

Robert

Rob,my name is Gary Townsend and I am the editor of 5 RAR Association newsletter, Tiger Tales. I was wondering if you had a photo of your Dad from the Vietnam era as we publish notices of our members who have passed away. If the photo is from that era more people will recognise him.

If you could give me the details of the funeral our webmaster will post them on the website for any of his mates who can attend to do so.

You were looking for Michael G Browne, I will let him know about your Dad's passing and give him your details.

My contact details are 07 5594 4780 or 0412 767 975.

Gary