5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board

This is our members' forum. Non-members are welcome to place a post if relevant. Commericial advertising and non-relevant posts will be deleted immediately and your IP address will be banned. Please do not abuse this forum

5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Frank Fitch MM

Sir thank you for your site
I knew Frank when I was a young fella , we used to be members of the samurai judo club , Frank was 6 years older than me , at the club he looked after me and I saw in him a brother figure.
I remember him telling us he was joining up ..I sort of remember someone mentioning his name was on a list in one of the papers.....
that was the last I heard about him.
I had served in the reserve in the 80s because of this I was able to be a service member of the RSL ..never thought of my self in the same category as you fellas.....
it was not till remembrance day 2012 that I had an overwhelming desire to find out about Frank..on research I surprised and humbled when I found out he was awarded the military medal..
your site led me to your Vale site I was thrilled that he did return home
and very saddened that he only passed away 15 years ago .
no one in his family would have heard of me ( don't know if he married or had children)
too late to have tracked him down .
FRANK YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN ....LEST WE FORGET

Re: Frank Fitch MM

I have read your message about Frank Fitch and thought you would appreciate reading the actual citation for his Military Medal. I have sent this direct to you by email. Hope you receive it satisfactorily.