5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board

This is our members' forum. Non-members are welcome to place a post if relevant. Commericial advertising and non-relevant posts will be deleted immediately and your IP address will be banned. Please do not abuse this forum

5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A Petition against the madness

Gents, I totally agree with the examples you have given. But was the incident in question a similar example or was it something more sinister? I don't know, do you?

All I am saying is don't sign a petition in support of something until you know what the something you are supporting is.

By the way, my wife has already signed the petition. Her reasoning: They are Aussie boys in harms way and we should support them come what may.

Alan.

Re: A Petition against the madness

Hi Alan,
We know what we are supporting, and that is, the right of ALL Aust soldiers to do the job they were trained for, without fear of possible criminal charges for doing what is, as we former combat soldiers know reacting to an instantaneous and irreversible situation.

The whole crux of the matter,is that these young men,SHOULD NOT be exposed to the Media Madness, that we are all familiar with.When you have a home made Brigadier trying to lay down military law,without knowing anything about war,then that is a recipe for disaster.

PS.(I was always under the impression that a brigadier, commanded a brigade.Maybe thing have changed a little since I was in!! )

Regards Kiwi Hill