5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board

This is our members' forum. Non-members are welcome to place a post if relevant. Commericial advertising and non-relevant posts will be deleted immediately and your IP address will be banned. Please do not abuse this forum

5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
When is the madness going to stop?

Hi All,
Not knowing the true story of the recent tragedy in Afghanistan,I still can not believe what I am reading, about the possible charges against our soldiers for doing what they were trained for and sent to do in a country that in my personal opinion we should not be in.War as we all know,has no barriers,no dividing lines,BUT, WE do have rules of engagement.How ever does the enemy? It wouldn't be the first time children and women for that matter have been used for propaganda and to try and get soldiers into impossible conditions from which they cant withdraw. (The so called Mai Lai massacre comes to mind )

At this point of time I have seen NO response from the RS&L ,and none from the Defense Dept.Maybe some of you can enlighten me,in that respect,but I can say that I'm ashamed that this matter has even been bought out into the open and soiled the reputations of our young soldiers.It is to say the very least Disgusting.

Signed Russell Hill