5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board

This is our members' forum. Non-members are welcome to place a post if relevant. Commericial advertising and non-relevant posts will be deleted immediately and your IP address will be banned. Please do not abuse this forum

5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ANZAC DAY SYDNEY

G'day all,

have just returned from The March in Sydney. Must admit that I was disappointed in the turnout....probably about 60 Tigers marching. My disappointment may just be based on comparison with The March in Brisbane a couple of years ago... plenty many people.
Had a great time with rain ceasing upon commencement of our march off.

Good to see old mates again since our 45th reunion.

Hope all had a beaut day.

Pom

Re: ANZAC DAY SYDNEY

Hi gents, I was in town and popped into the Crown after the march, but unfortunately not knowing too many blokes by sight, didnt get the chance to catch up. Spoke to a few blokes from 1st tour though.
Hope everyone had a good day though.

This was my first Anzac Day march. After near 40 years I decided to give it a go.

I can't put it into word's just what it was like. The waves of emotion from the crowd when we were marching up George St (Sydney) was incredible.

The after march refreshments at the Crown Hotel were most enjoyable and the company just grand.

My first march in 40 years but definitely not the last.

Alan.

G'day Alan et al,

agree with you mate. This was only my 2nd march since demob in '83. As stated in my message, I had atended a march in Brisbane a couple of years ago.

It was great to get "the hairs standing up on the neck" for totally different reasons than that which we knew of in SVN. A magic time and one which will not be my last either.

regards

Pom