5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board

This is our members' forum. Non-members are welcome to place a post if relevant. Commericial advertising and non-relevant posts will be deleted immediately and your IP address will be banned. Please do not abuse this forum

5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WANNABE

Good to see the WANNABE, BILL ANDREWS of Warners Bay (or Lakelands)has escalated to the ANZMI site.
This hero did two tours with 5 RAR ( S. Vietnam) and apparently never served in a defence force.
Regards Geoff Allen, ex A Sqn 3 Cav Regt LAD, 68/69.

Re: WANNABE

Hi there Geoff,
Just wondering where you got your info on Bill Andrews from? have known Bill for many years and he and his wife have attended many of our functions. gees I hope your wrong on this !
regards Rob Keen x pioneer 5 RAR 1st tour

Rob, go to the ANZMI site, click on cases and scroll down to William James Andrews,entered(04/04/2010 and updated info from 5 RAR Assn. Regards, Geoff.

ROB, HAD TO COME BACK AT THIS, SORRY FOR MARGRIT & KRYSTA, THE BLOKE IS AS ABSOLUTE STROMP AND 3/4'S, THE **** HE CARRIED ON WITH, TELL HIM TO INFORM HIS NAVY MATE (CHRIS)on Hillsborough Rd of his crap, as HE HAD THIS FAVOURITE SAYING ( HELLO,thAILOR). These blokes really have to have this **** built into them from whenever back. He is one low dog. HE ALSO BEFRIENDED HARRY ESLER(SPEERS PT WAY),Harry is ex 6p D Coy 3RAR Long Tan. Regards, GD.Allen

Guddy Geoff, Yep I`ve met Harry , nice bloke ,probably that`s where "Wannabee" Bill picked up his info.
I believe Harry did 2tours with 6 RAR.
I just cannot understand why these "A"holes do this type of thing.
May be that`s why I don`t march and very few people around here know that I`m a Vet.
The whole issue gutted me, and I still shake my head in disbelief.
Another thing that craws me is I know of a Navy cook who never set foot in Vietnam and yet claims himself to be one, a vet that is.
Regards Rob

Hello again Rob, like you ,I know lots of Navy pretenders,I need to get a photo of one here that says he did 16years(he did 6), wears 6 medals,did 39 day tour to Vung Tau(1 day at VT).Another(mess steward)did 17 days near the coast over so many years.
NOT that I'm down on what their service entailed,IT'S what they trump up about,"on the gun line", "only had a .303", and they never shut up and want you to agree with them around others.Find out some good oil on the Navy cook and expose him,if he didn't go to or qualify for whatever.
I am doing my own research on these sickoes, I am not with ANZMI or any assn like them.
My grandfather was gassed in WW1(deceased early), my father died in 1953 through WW11 service, his brother died 1968 the same, their other brother Rat of Tobruk/PoW and S Korea. I have an old mate here PoW of Japs WW11, I don't need these people crapping on my friends,family and country anymore, I climb down from my box. ASIDES ANYONE WITH ANY HELP RE MY POST on CAPT D.A.O'Brien(CMF guy)most appreciated.
Regards, Geoff Allen.

Hey Geoff,Looked into the wanabee web.
found out I have been conned big time by another Wannabee.Brian Day!
Have been wearing a medal that is not kosher,thanks to him.He sent it too me many many years ago ,and because he is such a good story teller I fell for it ,hook line and sinker.
Lock the bloody lot of them up and throw away the key I say.I apologize to all for wearing something that I was not entitled too.
Regards Rob

Hi Geoff,
Have been doing some research on Bill Andrews.His stint in the Army was from March 31 1967 to August 1967.
The little s==t told me so many lies that it beggars belief. He must have done his home work as well as drill Harry for info.
But I still cannot find any info of his so called military service.Or why he was discharged!
Regards Rob