5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board

This is our members' forum. Non-members are welcome to place a post if relevant. Commericial advertising and non-relevant posts will be deleted immediately and your IP address will be banned. Please do not abuse this forum

5th Battalion RAR Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Attention 'B' Company! 2nd Tour Vietnam 69-70

Re: 'B' Company 2nd Tour 69-70 Vietnam 2010 February - Gold Coast.
Earlier in the year I sent out a notice (via e-mail only) with a few suggestions regarding what to do on a company level during the 5 RAR Battalion Reunion. From the very limited feed back received it was obvious that the majority thought it not necessary to extend the time to include a Company Reunion.
Bearing in mind that some formalities will have to be addressed regarding any future B Company reunions, I have booked a Luncheon Cruise with Tweed River Endeavour Cruises for Sunday 28 February (which is a free day - no 5 RAR activities). It's a 4.5 hour Tweed River and Rainforest Cruise including 'surf & turf' lunch (steak/prawns/salad buffet/tropical fruits/french bread) also includes morning tea, bird feeding, commentary & stopover at Tumbulgum (pub) Cost $40.00 pp. Departing Tweed Heads approx 10.30 hrs returning at 15.00 hrs.
During this time on board we will be able to have an informal meeting to nut out any future endeavours and to formally pass on the banner to the organiser of the next reunion.
This notice is only being sent out to those of you who do have e-mail adresses so please pass the information on by 'word of mouth' 'bush telegraph' 'field signal' etc. to any other B Company people you may be in contact with.
For catering purposes please confirm at your earliest convenience with me on either 0755625666, 0438488970 or thommos@iprimus.com.au Payment can be made at the Meet and Greet on Friday 26 Feb.
Wishing you and your families my best wishes for Christmas and looking forward to seeing you all again in February.
regards
Dave Thompson 'Thommo'