Rapture Flight to Heaven

​​​​​​​
Pre-Tribulation Rapture Forum ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

In Loving Memory
  April 29, 1947 - September 5, 2020

Update: On Saturday, September 5th, 2020, the founder, administrator, and head moderator of this forum, Valerie S., went Home to be with the Lord.  Her obituary can be found on https://memorials.demarcofuneralhomes.com/valerie-skrzyniak/4321619/index.php.

This posting is dedicated to the forever memory and honor of Valerie, who was the founder of, and the inspiration for, this Web site.  The Web site will continue to operate in Valerie's remembrance, as requested by her family.  God bless!

Dedicated to God  the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit​​​​​​​
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.     

​​​​​​​2 Timothy 4:7-8
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing

PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE - MAIN Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Godly enough" "good enough" - O.S.A.S. about to be judged!

"FOR YOUR DISCERNMENT!!!"
"Fair Use for Information or Discussion Purposes"

This morning, I was thinking how most ALL will say we NEED to
"go to church", but, once there, do they REALLY deal with "heart"
issues or just mostly come to delight they "they" are special.

Isaiah 29 (KJV)
13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near
me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have
removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught
by the precept of men:

Most NEVER get into things that God is showing them or others.
It's a "club" designed to "keep other thoughts out". And the
NUMBER ONE "theme" underlying all this is O.S.A.S. The leaders
of most evangelical denominations "believe" O.S.A.S. is true, "but"
sinful minded humans take that DEEP into their souls and delight
in "that" and NOT GOD!!!!!!!!!!! A "perfect" satanic plan.

6 They plot injustice and say,
“We have devised a perfect plan!”
Surely the human mind and heart are cunning.

The year, 2013, taught me a LOT about "idle" Christians. I went
to TOO MANY FUNERALS and, I believe, God showed me things
about many who died AND the relatives who are still here. (I could
give details but might get me into trouble.)

Most Christians, I believe, don't "really" have a prayer life or a life
"in touch" with God - "too much trouble for people ALREADY
SAVED"....... Just give me the 'image' of being a Christian!"
, they
think (not say)!!! And I TOTALLY believe that's one reason SOO
MANY LOVE TO SCOFF at those who TRY HARDER!!!!

Are ALL watchers "emotionally" unbalanced, thus, despised?

David wrote:

Psalm 141 (NIV1984)
8 But my eyes are fixed on you, O Sovereign LORD;
in you I take refuge—do not give me over to death.
9 Keep me from the snares they have laid for me,
from the traps set by evildoers.
10 Let the wicked fall into their own nets,
while I pass by in safety.

Job said:

Job 12 (NIV1984)
4 “I have become a laughingstock to my friends,
though I called upon God and he answered—
a mere laughingstock, though righteous and blameless!
5 Men at ease have contempt for misfortune
as the fate of those whose feet are slipping.

6 The tents of marauders are undisturbed,
and those who provoke God are secure—
those who carry their god in their hands.

People can play "games" in this Laodicean Age with "who"
the "churches" were / are ALL THEY WON'T and get away
with "WHATEVER" "sounds" good to "them". But they "were / are"
WARNINGS to different "types" of Christians that make up
the ENTIRE "7" CHURCHES OF REVELATION!!!

Your cheatin' heart will make you weep
You'll cry and cry and try to sleep
but sleep won't come the whole night through
Your cheatin' heart will tell on you

When tears come down like fallin' rain
you'll toss around and call my name
You're gonna walk that floor the way I do
Your cheatin' heart will tell on you

MANY "say" they are delighting in God and doing His will. But
talk of the "rapture" is just foolishness. A deep look into souls -
"not necessary". We'll see.

Psalm 64 (NIV)
5 They encourage each other in evil plans,
they talk about hiding their snares;
they say, “Who will see it?”
6 They plot injustice and say,
“We have devised a perfect plan!”
Surely the human mind and heart are cunning.

7 But God will shoot them with his arrows;
they will suddenly be struck down.
8 He will turn their own tongues against them
and bring them to ruin;
all who see them will shake their heads in scorn.
9 All people will fear;
they will proclaim the works of God
and ponder what he has done.

10 The righteous will rejoice in the Lord
and take refuge in him;
all the upright in heart will glory in him!

Re: "Godly enough" "good enough" - O.S.A.S. about to be judged!

Calvin,

What, may I ask, is O.S.A.S. Please DO enlighten me, OK!?

Maranatha!
Tammy

Sister, I assume it means "once saved always saved."

We can't lose our salvation, however this is what the people Calvin is talking about are doing: they say the sinners prayers without really meaning to change their life, then they live in sin. So these people deceive themselves. If you see someone saved and then a constant lifestyle of sin, they were probably never saved to begin with.

There is one exception. Some Christians do fall away for a short time sometimes. But if they are true children if God, He will chastise them and bring them back in fellowship. He won't ever let his child live comfortably in sin. If a true child of God refuses to obey after punishment, then God takes them home early I believe or they'll lose their rewards in Heaven. You reap what you sow so God will judge fairly. No one gets away with constant sin.

Yes, that's true, Stephanie. And it's not true that while salvation is a free gift, we then have to work to keep it.

Tammy & Stephanie:

Yes, OSAS = Once Saved Always Saved. It was mentioned
in these posts from last year.

Church / Christians / U.S. basked too long in earthly glory - "Good-by, Ole Kentucky Home!"

Gino (11 Oct 2013)
"RE: Patty RP: 10.08.13: sin"

Kathy G., Stephanie & Calvin--

Stephanie, thank you for telling me what O.S.A.S. means.

Every night after retiring to bed, I always pray "The Lord's Prayer." When you come to that line:

"Forgive us our traspasses (sins) as we would forgive those whom traspass (sin) against us..."

Then, after praying "The Lord's Prayer" I add a special prayer to Jesus, and then I end my prayer with--Amen, and...

Maranatha!
Tammy

P.S. I was watching a TBN Praise The Lord! program last night, for which Pastor Jentzen Franklin was the host. One of his guests suggested that we should pray "The Lord's Prayer" atleast four times a day.

Thank you Calvin, & Everyone, who replied.

Tammy & Everyone,

From all the prayers there are, The Lord's Prayer is the most important to pray. Jesus, Himself, God in Second Person of the Holy Trinity, taught us
how to effectively pray and please God the Father.

I pray it every day, and I feel the peace of God, that I am forgive, when I have trespassed against the Lord.

This prayer is straight our Creator's mouth, and it is the prayer we should pray often, daily is preferable. Several times a day is

If you sincerely accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, and repented of your old ways, you are saved; through what Jesus did for us, His ultimate sacrifice, and Resurrection. You are born again, a child of the living God.

If you pray the Lord's prayer daily, with sincerity, your sins are forgiven, and you need not worry about being saved, because you are, without any doubt whatsoever.

For Jesus paid the price for our sins with His precious blood, & life, and
gave us the Lord's prayer to help us to stay on good terms daily with God
the Father asking for forgiveness, for our sins. This is only one benefit of the Lord's Prayer among many other benefits of blessings coming directly from God.

Here's both Barbra Streisand & Charlotte Church singing "The Lord's Prayer" song in two different youtube videos...

THE LORD'S PRAYER - BARBRA STREISAND

THE LORD'S PRAYER - CHARLOTTE CHURCH

"FAIR USE FOR INFORMATION & DISCUSSION PURPOSES!"

I love this song, don't you!?!

Maranatha!
Tammy

We could never be "Godly enough" "good enough" on our own- O.S.A.S. Gift Paid in full by Jesus

Thanks Tammy, beautiful videos.

I think Today's Promises from the Bible says it all.

"Fair Use for Information & Discussion Purposes"

http://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/promises/

I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him. (Hosea 14:4)

Praise be to God that He, in the midst of our depravity, drew us to Him with the sweet chords of His melodious grace. We were wretched and iniquitous, yet He chose to love us freely. Hallelujah! Praise the Lord, provider of our salvation and promise of hope!

My thoughts with scriptural references:

Ephesians 2 KJV

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

It's by Grace we are saved, not by works, lest we should boast.
Once and for all times, Jesus paid for our sins, past, present, & future on the cross. Therefore, Once Saved, Always Saved, is God's Gracious Gift of Grace, given to those whom with a sincere, full of repentance for sins, grateful heart, willing accepted and received Jesus as their Lord & Savior. Should we fall, we have an intercessor, our Lord Jesus, to stand before the Father, and plead our case, that, Jesus has ONCE AND FOR ALL TIME bought and PAID FOR IN FULL for our SALVATION THROUGH HIS SELFLESS SACRIFICE.

THANKS BE TO GOD! AMEN!

Valerie

P.S.
Here are a few more as well...

Who shall also confirm you unto the end, [that ye may be] blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 1:8)

"How desirable is it to be confirmed and kept of Christ for such a purpose as this! How glorious are the hopes of such a privilege, whether for ourselves or others! To be kept by the power of Christ from the power of our own corruption and Satan's temptation, that we may appear without blame in the great day! O glorious expectation, especially when the faithfulness of God comes in to support our hopes!"

-Matthew Henry

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: (1 John 2:1)

Recognition of our sin nature may bring a feeling of imperfection and grave hopelessness to our souls. However, the magnificent love of God fills this overwhelming void in our hearts through Christ Jesus. By His blood, we have a righteous advocate who presents us pure and blameless before the almighty God. Thus, we are given the tremendous victory over death as His righteousness conforms us into His image.

Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:10)
Our love for God cannot save us, but His love for us can. It is because of His love that we are given His grace to enter the kingdom of heaven (Ephesians 2:8).

My Prayer: Thank you for Your endless love! It is only through your grace that I can be granted eternal life.

And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve [me] unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom [be] glory for ever and ever. Amen. (2 Timothy 4:18)^

Worry. Anxiety. Fear. Timidity. This is the way of the old man. Yet we, as believers, have been created anew to a heavenly life and spirit both bold and courageous. No longer need we fear at all, for in the Lord we have become so much more than conquerors! If God is for us-and He most certainly is-there is nothing to stand victorious against us. So fear not, O you redeemed, but rejoice in the mighty arm of the Lord!

Re: We could never be "Godly enough" "good enough" on our own- O.S.A.S. Gift Paid in full by Je

Valerie, all that you have shared made my heart sing. It reminded me again of Gary Wood's visit to heaven when he died in that car wreck. The Lord had the angel take him to the library where he saw his name written in the Lamb's Book of Life. It was written in red and said, "Gary Woods redeemed by the precious red blood of the Lamb". It also had his middle name which I think is Lynn but I am not sure about that.

He also saw what happens in heaven when someone on earth receives Jesus as Savior and is born from above. He said he saw an angel take that person's book (each of us has a book where our lives are recorded in heaven - Psalm 139) and with the blood the angel washed away all of the mistakes from the pages of that book. They were totally erased, washed away, gone for good.

I've given quite a bit of thought to what it means to be born again, or more correctly in the original language - "BORN FROM ABOVE". If the mark of the beast changes a person's DNA so that they are no longer fully human and become the 'seed of satan" then what does the 'born from above' moment do to the believer? The believer in God is referred to in the Bible as the child of God, dear children, sons of God, etc. It seems to me that something supernatural happens when we accept Jesus into our hearts as Savior and Lord. We literally become CHILDREN of the heavenly Father - our spirits become brand new, born from above, heavenly DNA from God Himself. Jesus knows who belongs to Him.

Re: We could never be "Godly enough" "good enough" on our own- O.S.A.S. Gift Paid in full by Je

Valerie & T/Sue,

I agree 100% with what you both talked about in your above posts!!!

One night, only just a few short years ago, I was suddenly awakened in bed, when I heard Jesus call out my FULL name. So therefore--I'm wondering if He was letting me know also that that was His way of letting me know that my name too, has been written down in "The Lamb's Book of Life"?

For it wasn't too long before that incident, that I went forward during the altar call and publically reaccepted Jesus as my Lord & Saviour, in my new church, which was the Southern Baptist Church.

BTW, I was a teenager when I was baptized in an SDA church, for which I was completely dunked in the baptismal by our Pastor.

Maranatha!
Tammy

Texas Sue
Valerie, all that you have shared made my heart sing. It reminded me again of Gary Wood's visit to heaven when he died in that car wreck. The Lord had the angel take him to the library where he saw his name written in the Lamb's Book of Life. It was written in red and said, "Gary Woods redeemed by the precious red blood of the Lamb". It also had his middle name which I think is Lynn but I am not sure about that.

He also saw what happens in heaven when someone on earth receives Jesus as Savior and is born from above. He said he saw an angel take that person's book (each of us has a book where our lives are recorded in heaven - Psalm 139) and with the blood the angel washed away all of the mistakes from the pages of that book. They were totally erased, washed away, gone for good.

I've given quite a bit of thought to what it means to be born again, or more correctly in the original language - "BORN FROM ABOVE". If the mark of the beast changes a person's DNA so that they are no longer fully human and become the 'seed of satan" then what does the 'born from above' moment do to the believer? The believer in God is referred to in the Bible as the child of God, dear children, sons of God, etc. It seems to me that something supernatural happens when we accept Jesus into our hearts as Savior and Lord. We literally become CHILDREN of the heavenly Father - our spirits become brand new, born from above, heavenly DNA from God Himself. Jesus knows who belongs to Him.

Texas Sue,

Your words of wisdom, are like a breath of fresh air, for there is truth in what you say, which is given from above. Our DNA is changed:

2 Corinthians 5:17
King James Bible
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Romans 8:1,9 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ …

Ezekiel 36:26
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to good works, …

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

We are therefore forgiven, washed in the blood of Jesus, for the forgiveness of sin through His sacrifice. Our sins are no more and are forgotten, so scripture states:

Nothing but the blood of Jesus washes our sins away. Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of …

Hebrews 8 KJV
12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Isaiah 43:25
"I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more.

Micah 7:19
You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.

Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Hebrews 8:12
The New Covenant
…11"AND THEY SHALL NOT TEACH EVERYONE HIS FELLOW CITIZEN, AND EVERYONE HIS BROTHER, SAYING, 'KNOW THE LORD,' FOR ALL WILL KNOW ME, FROM THE LEAST TO THE GREATEST OF THEM. 12"FOR I WILL BE MERCIFUL TO THEIR INIQUITIES, AND I WILL REMEMBER THEIR SINS NO MORE." 13When He said, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear.

For when we receive Jesus as our Lord and Savior we are a new creature. Everything becomes new. We are therefore set apart. Romans 8:9
You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

Once our sins are forgiven, they are no longer remembered by God, for when we are covered by the blood of Jesus, God doesn't see us standing before Him.
Instead He sees His beloved Son Jesus, the sinless one, pure, righteous, faithful and true. For Jesus is our blessed Savior, intercessor, whom stands before God the Father, in front of us, and declares, this one belongs to me, as I have paid the price for his/her debts in full.
Thank you Precious Jesus!!!

Yes I believe something supernatural happens as well, we do become children of God, with a brand new spirit from above and heavenly DNA from God Himself.

Thanks be to God our Father, for loving us so much, and providing us the
way that leads to Heaven through Jesus.

Valerie

Calvin
Tammy & Stephanie:

Yes, OSAS = Once Saved Always Saved. It was mentioned
in these posts from last year.

Church / Christians / U.S. basked too long in earthly glory - "Good-by, Ole Kentucky Home!"

Gino (11 Oct 2013)
"RE: Patty RP: 10.08.13: sin"

Calvin,

I hope 'n' pray that OSAS now implies to me as of late.

I'm hoping this, b/c I'm totally ticked-off at my nextdoor neighbor, Kevin, for allowing his sponger of tennant, Dirk, to take up (AGAIN!!!) residence in his garage.

This guy is a total pain in the neck!!! For one thing, he stays up all hours of the night. Secondly, he (at around 11 PM (MT)) turns his radio on too loud...at the time I go to bed; that I can hear drifting through into my side kitchenette door, for which the idiot leaves the side garage door open. Plus, he bathes himself off between Kevin's & my two houses. And lastly, he makes me feel VERY uneasy with him around.

PLEASE pray that Kevin finally gets the smarts by kicking Kirk out, making him go back to where he was during the holidays. OK!?

Thank you, and...

Maranatha!
Tammy

Response to Calvin post here- Received email from Scott H.

(Scott wrote:)

Hi Calvin. I really enjoy your articles. This article made me smile.

When describing Mystery Babylon, the Bible says that the shepherds of Mystery Babylon lead their flocks astray. This statement alone is telling.

Add to this Peter writing about false teachers teaching ****able heresies.

My personal opinion is that one can not lose their salvation. The church however incorporates many people who think they are saved but in fact are not.

Is salvation easy or difficult?
Is salvation instant or does it take time?
Is there a difference between belief and knowing?

I grew up in a Baptist church. I was very active. I had an active prayer life.
I had accepted Jesus as Lord and savior. I believed that Jesus died for my sins. I was involved in many facets of modern Christianity. I became a physician and did mission work for a while. I "knew" I was saved.

I won't go into details, but after all of that, Jesus put me on the narrow way. Walking the narrow way was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. The narrow way is difficult and walking the narrow way takes time. I died on the narrow way. Scripture says that the narrow way leads to eternal life. This is true at least in my case. I thought I was saved before walking the narrow way, but I was wrong. I had to die first. Eternal life is at the end of the narrow away and so is Jesus. There is a manifestation involved, a knowing.

The problem I see in modern Christianity is a faulty belief structure.
The narrow way is not often taught.

Anyway Calvin, please excuse my rambling. I enjoy your articles.

Re: Response to Calvin post here- Received email from Scott H.

I may be misunderstanding you, Valerie, and if I am, by all means, please clarify what you mean for me. (I also don't understand if you're speaking for yourself in your above post, or quoting Scott--you might want to clarify that for me, too!) But it seems to me that Baptists come closer to understanding the essence of salvation than so many other denominations. You don't achieve salvation by trying to reform yourself, by writing on sheets of paper 1,000 times, "I promise I'll never sin again," by renouncing bad habits, by crying rivers of tears of guilt for your wrongs, or even by trying to obey God's commandments consistently. Salvation is not an achievement that can be attained by making a strenuous effort to walk the straight and narrow path. It's a free gift (free for us, that is--it cost Jesus everything!), and you receive it as a gift by grace through faith, not as a reward for good works. You do that by believing and receiving, not by jumping through millions of hoops before God will deign to accept you as His child. You do that by recognizing that you're a sinner, by realizing that you cannot save yourself, that only Jesus can save you, and that He died on the cross to save you and then rose from the grave. You believe that, and then you receive His free gift of salvation by asking Him to come into your heart and save you. If you do that sincerely, He does just that. He implants a new nature inside you, a nature that never wants to stop following Christ, and He seals and indwells you with His Holy Spirit. Once He's done that, you're saved!

Valerie
Subject title - Response to Calvin post here- Received email from Scott H.

(Scott wrote:)

Hi Calvin. I really enjoy your articles. This article made me smile.

When describing Mystery Babylon, the Bible says that the shepherds of Mystery Babylon lead their flocks astray. This statement alone is telling.

Add to this Peter writing about false teachers teaching ****able heresies.

My personal opinion is that one can not lose their salvation. The church however incorporates many people who think they are saved but in fact are not.

Is salvation easy or difficult?
Is salvation instant or does it take time?
Is there a difference between belief and knowing?

I grew up in a Baptist church. I was very active. I had an active prayer life.
I had accepted Jesus as Lord and savior. I believed that Jesus died for my sins. I was involved in many facets of modern Christianity. I became a physician and did mission work for a while. I "knew" I was saved.

I won't go into details, but after all of that, Jesus put me on the narrow way. Walking the narrow way was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. The narrow way is difficult and walking the narrow way takes time. I died on the narrow way. Scripture says that the narrow way leads to eternal life. This is true at least in my case. I thought I was saved before walking the narrow way, but I was wrong. I had to die first. Eternal life is at the end of the narrow away and so is Jesus. There is a manifestation involved, a knowing.

The problem I see in modern Christianity is a faulty belief structure.
The narrow way is not often taught.

Anyway Calvin, please excuse my rambling. I enjoy your articles.

Kathy it's self explanatory, Scott emailed me, and asked me to post his email response to Calvin's question re OSAS... I posted the subject title as
"Response to Calvin post here- Received email from Scott H." in red, and then
I stated "Scott wrote"...These words are all his, not my.

OK, Valerie, thanks for clarifying! Those were Scott's words, then, not yours. Well, then, what I posted above is really for him--for all of us, in truth!

Kathy:

Scott was "trying" to tell you the TRUTH!!!!

When you stand before Jesus, you'll NOT be able to just put
some "Baptist" or "Presbyterian" (like my mother tries to do)
umbrella over yourself to "cover" yourself. Go to Sandi's
new YouTube at 38:50+ as she tells about Melissa:

Lying Spirits Are Sent To Hinder

I also grew up in the Baptist church. The Baptist church shines in the areas of evangelism and bible study. Although we are hearing a lot about adding works to complete our salvation, the truth is that God has made the way to Him as simple as possible so to bring in as many as possible. He has made it so simple that even a child can understand. In fact Jesus cautioned us that unless we become as little children, understanding and having the simple faith to believe God means exactly what He says, we cannot enter the kingdom of heaven.

In Ephesians Paul reminds us that we are 'saved by grace thru faith and that NOT OF OURSELVES, it is the GIFT OF GOD not of works lest any man should boast'.

The pride that caused satan's fall from his high office in heaven also infects fallen man so that he is deceived into thinking that he can add his own works to God's great work of salvation. No! It is Jesus and Jesus alone who completed the work of forgiveness of sins and the new birth. We can add nothing to that. Our part is to believe it is true and accept His forgiveness and new life in the new covenant for ourselves.

The way is narrow but it is also very simple and that in itself is a stumbling block to many. A 'spirit' of religion causes people to think that they MUST do something to make themselves good enough or worthy. The Bible says that our righteousness is as filthy rags. The best we can be in our flesh is filthy compared to the glory of God. We accept Jesus and He clothes us in HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS. Praise God!

I totally agree 100% with you, T/Sue!!!

Maranatha!
Tammy

The way is narrow but it is also very simple and that in itself is a stumbling block to many. A 'spirit' of religion causes people to think that they MUST do something to make themselves good enough or worthy. The Bible says that our righteousness is as filthy rags. The best we can be in our flesh is filthy compared to the glory of God. We accept Jesus and He clothes us in HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS. Praise God!

Sue, etc.:

So, what you are saying is, IT IS VEEEERY SIMPLE, the
"born again" experience "IS" the "narrow way"!!!!!!!

YEAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'VE MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do NOT have to worry much AT ALL about my performance
for here on out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Valerie, T/Sue, Kathy G. & Calvin...

This song--"Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)" by Chris Tomlin pretty much sums up God's saving grace and unending love for us all:

I hope this works, but perhaps one of you CAN get it to work...for it contains the complete lyrics to the above song. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-mNTOaxB9U

Maranatha!
Tammy

It's not like trying to walk on a railroad track, Calvin--or worse, a tightrope; sooner or later, every one of us would fall off if we tried. Satan would be trying to push us off that track at every turn, and sooner or later, he would succeed. Jesus is the narrow gate and the narrow way; only through Him can we be saved or stay saved. There is no other way of salvation; all paths do not lead to God. Jesus is the only path that does.

Kathy, we can thank the Lord Jesus forever, sister, because no one can snatch us out of His hand!

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave [them] me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck [them] out of my Father's hand.

The Father holds us, the Son holds us, the Holy Spirit seals us; security to be saved comes from God Himself, it is His gift, His doing, His plan. Thank God that He is mighty to save by His grace to us through Jesus.
Amazing Grace of God.

Amen, Regina!

Calvin

Sue, etc.:

So, what you are saying is, IT IS VEEEERY SIMPLE, the
"born again" experience "IS" the "narrow way"!!!!!!!

YEAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'VE MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do NOT have to worry much AT ALL about my performance
for here on out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calvin, I am not quite sure of your response. Is it sarcasm or sincerity?

You do not have to WORRY about your life because the Bible says to be axious for nothing but in all things give thanks. In Hebrews chapter 4, God asks us to enter in to His REST. Performance or life choices AFTER salvation are important because if we love the Lord and are thankful for what He's done for us we want to live right to please Him and to bring glory to His name. While we have a perfected spirit - the new life in Christ where the Holy Spirit lives - we are still in a human body that is as yet faulty.

Our choices have been in the soul realm - the mind, will and emotions - and they have to change to come in line with our spirit. That is where the work comes about. Paul in Romans 12 tells us that we are to present our bodies a living sacrifice and that our minds must be renewed. If we stumble and fall from time to time as we are growing in the Lord, God does not condemn us or yank away our salvation. In I John we are told that when we make mistakes, we are to confess our sins and ask God to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. This is how we walk in the Light as He is in the Light and continue our fellowship with God. Thankfully, at the rapture our bodies will be changed into incorruptible and the earnest of our inheritance, our salvation will be fully realized. We will be ready to stand before Father God and live in the heavenly glory that is heaven.

Tammy I just love that song. We sing it at church sometimes and it is so beautiful. So true, the chains are gone! We are free!

Follow Up Email from Scott H. in response to Calvin

Scott wrote:

Hi Val,
I hope this note finds you and your family well. Thanks for posting my response to Calvin.

I was trying to offer an explanation to Calvin as to why the church is in its present situation.

We are all students of the word and hopefully we never stop learning.
Are we easily saved? I used to think so.

Scripture says that the righteous are scarcely saved. "Scarcely" means "with difficulty".

Jesus tells us to strive to enter in at the strait gate. "Strive" means "to struggle, to fight, to agonize, to contend with an adversary, to labor fervently". Does this sound easy?

Jesus called the gate "strait" which means "narrow from obstacles standing in the way".

Jesus says that many will seek to enter in and not be able. "Able" means "to have force enough, to prevail in battle, to be of enough strength, to be a victor". Is this easy?

Jesus says that most people won't even be able to enter the strait gate. Those people who do enter in have to walk the narrow way. "Narrow" means "to afflict, to suffer tribulation, trouble, agony, anguish, pressure". This is what the Bible teaches. Jesus actually commands us to do this - enter the strait gate and walk the narrow way. Do you know of many Christians who have obeyed this command? There are several hundred similar scriptures.

Eternal life is indeed a free gift, but getting to the free gift is not easy. Example: When people were dying of small pox in the mid West, a free life saving vaccine was available. At that time, people would travel night and day through blizzards and harsh conditions to receive this free life saving gift. Even though the life saving vaccine was free, getting to the vaccine was difficult. Likewise, eternal life is a gift. Entering the strait gate and walking the narrow way to find eternal life at the end if the narrow way is not easy. Personally, walking the narrow way is by far the hardest thing I have ever done.

This is but one example. There are actually several hundred scriptures which say the same thing.

Calvin, in my opinion, this is what is wrong in the church. The Laodicean church "knows not". Sorry if this note is too doctrinal or too intense. Anyway, thanks for your articles Calvin. God bless you all.

Texas Sue
I also grew up in the Baptist church. The Baptist church shines in the areas of evangelism and bible study. Although we are hearing a lot about adding works to complete our salvation, the truth is that God has made the way to Him as simple as possible so to bring in as many as possible. He has made it so simple that even a child can understand. In fact Jesus cautioned us that unless we become as little children, understanding and having the simple faith to believe God means exactly what He says, we cannot enter the kingdom of heaven.

In Ephesians Paul reminds us that we are 'saved by grace thru faith and that NOT OF OURSELVES, it is the GIFT OF GOD not of works lest any man should boast'.

The pride that caused satan's fall from his high office in heaven also infects fallen man so that he is deceived into thinking that he can add his own works to God's great work of salvation. No! It is Jesus and Jesus alone who completed the work of forgiveness of sins and the new birth. We can add nothing to that. Our part is to believe it is true and accept His forgiveness and new life in the new covenant for ourselves.

THANKS SO MUCH TEXAS SUE, I AGREE 100%, ESPECIALLY WITH THE FOLLOW: " It is Jesus and Jesus alone who completed the work of forgiveness of sins and the new birth. We can add nothing to that." , " We accept Jesus and He clothes us in HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS. Praise God!" A BIG AMEN, THANKS BE TO GOD! THIS IS WHY GOD SENT JESUS, BECAUSE WE COULD NOT DO IT ON OUR OWN, ONLY THROUGH JESUS, AND JESUS ALONE.

GOD BLESS!

Valerie

Amen, Valerie and Texas Sue!

Here's still yet ANOTHER song--"I'm Free" by Lynda Randle, a member of the Gaither Gospel Family Singers, that also echos Chris Tomlin's beautiful "Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)" as well too...

Maranatha!
Tammy

Speaking of "The Lord's Prayer," Tammy, here's another version sung by Andy Williams!

Kathy G.
Speaking of "The Lord's Prayer," Tammy, here's another version sung by Andy Williams!

Thank you, Kathy.

Andy Williams' version (what with those inspiring photos of Jesus & His angels) is simply beautiful!!! Andy is much more reverent, as he is singing "The Lord's Prayer", isn't he!?

Maranatha!
Tammy

Well, I definitely believe more in his version of the song than I do in Barbara Streisand's!