A discussion area about Britain and its issues.

ThePatriot.co.uk

In order to post your message just click on post. 

A discussion area about Britain and its issues.
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
THE MONARCHY

this great country of ours, GREAT BRITAIN (england,wales,scotland,northern ireland,channel islands)has a noble monarch - the Queen.

she is the figurehead of GREAT BRITAIN and its commonwealth of countries. she is respected around the world as well as at home and i am very, very proud of our monarchy.

it might surprise some to know that i am a proud welshman. but i am proud to be british and love and respect the royal family.(as so many in wales,scotland, england, northern ireland, channel islads, also do)

royalty is at our very british heart. britishness and royalty go hand in hand.

there are those who say we would be better off without a monarch. to these people, i say, "who would want to visit this country, bringing in millions of pounds worth of revenue"? would we still have the respect, as small island nation, that we have around the world?

i for one am very , very proud of our system of monarchy and government, that has been in place for so long and is also at the front of being able to call yourself BRITISH.

i remember watching a tv programme a few years ago in which the Queen was talking about the death of her father (RIP) and she explained that she had promised him, on his deathbed,to keep the UNION OF GREAT BRITAIN together. (i thought at the time, why should he say that?)

"NOW I SEE WHY". if we are not very careful we are heading for civil war here in our own great nation.

why? devouloution. a devolved government in wales, scotland and northern ireland is a complete and utter folly. it is devisive of our very being "GREAT BRITAIN".

please do not believe the tv and newspapers when they tell you that the good people of wales voted for the welsh assembly (likewise scotland, n.ireland) as i would say 3 out of 4 people i know in wales voted NO and all say the same things "what a waste of taxpayers money", "its just a talking shop - nothing gets done", "new buildings, thousands of new MP's and there workers", "the whole thing used to be run by one british secretary of state for wales MP and doing the same job", "what a waste of money - no wonder where in a credit crisis - spending money like water".

for me, the most frightening thing about this is the eventual break up of the union/monarchy (wales going its way - scotland going its way - england going its way) - in fact trouble is already starting to happen - (eg) - scotland stating its our oil/natural gas.

the rising of the nationalist governments , just like the BNP, are "wolves in sheeps clothing" with a hidden agenda.

thank you for reading.

Re: THE MONARCHY

The monarchy remain silent on the subject. Either they are too scared or don"t give a ****. Maybe they don"t fancy sticking up for a bunch of chavs and immigrants who are more interested in benefit scams. It is a mystery. Cymru cymraig.

History again gives you the answer. How old is the union of Britain. Its not that old. Peoples of Scotland want more say. I for one don't love the Monarchy. I do like the way they bring us money and as long as they keep it up they can stay. You say you are Welsh. Do you speak welsh. The Royals band you from speaking it and you have never been a country. They called you a princeapality or somthing like that. British royal family good subject. Thay have not been here that long.

do you have to speak english to be english? not according to the government. check your history and learn to spell your own language. give me strength.