A discussion area about Britain and its issues.

ThePatriot.co.uk

In order to post your message just click on post. 

A discussion area about Britain and its issues.
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WHAT MAKES YOU BRITISH ?

this is the question where i disagree with the far right racist BNP.

i do believe that we have been an easy touch for many non-genuine people coming to our country in recent years, mostly down to the fact of "free flow of people" as the government put it, to satisfy their european buddies.(just look at how tight the USA is on "free flow of people"- and so it should be).

so, what makes a person British?

if you were born and bred (live,went to school,etc) in GREAT BRITAIN you are BRITISH, whether you are white, black, brown, red, yellow, pink,etc,etc.

what makes a person proud to be British?

this is not something you can prove with some documents/papers/etc - britshness and the perception of britishness by an individual is in ones everyday thinking (formed in childhood,school,parents upbringing,beliefs,religion,etc/etc). just to love and be proud of ones country and its structure (ours is a monarchy)is the key.

undoubtedly, there are now a large number of people living in great britain who, for there own reasons, do NOT love and are NOT proud to be BRITISH.

there are numerous reasons for this - religion, economic, social.

some even have a hatred of all things british and the british values/system.

so, what makes YOU british ?

thank you for reading.

Re: WHAT MAKES YOU BRITISH ?

You contradict yourself completely. Look at what you are saying. To be British it has to be part of you. You breathe it, feel it, live it because your parents and their parents and their parents fought for it.Now go back and look at what you wrote. If you are born here it does not mean you are automatically British. I was born in Africa but i will never be african.

Re: WHAT MAKES YOU BRITISH ?

You were born African. You are there for African by birth. What does you passport say. I was born in England and speak with a Scottish tongue. My mother was English my Father was Scottish. I lived half my life in Scotland and half in England. I think i can call myself a true brit. Thats what my passport says. Brits are not just a piece of paper. I know a lot of people think of Britain as England. This is not me saying this. The British thing died just after the war.