A discussion area about Britain and its issues.

ThePatriot.co.uk

In order to post your message just click on post. 

A discussion area about Britain and its issues.
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BACK IN THE EARLY 1970'S

this is when we and/or our parents were asked to vote by the conservative prime minister, mr edward heath, on a EUROPEAN COMMON MARKET.

whether our government knew or were just hoodwinked by other european leaders into asking the british people to vote on a policy to TRADE WITH EUROPE MORE THAN OUR NATURAL ENGLISH SPEAKING ALLIES (usa, australia,ETC),is now, quite frankly, neither here nor there. the fact is that over the 35 + years since then the whole principal which the british people thought they were voting for has been changed and manipulated beyond recognision.

we now have to abide by so many i'll thought out ideas/policies made by countries which have nothing whatsoever in common with us (language, culture, etc) like, human rights law (where everyone is afraid of doing anything to upset anyone who will state its thier human right), treaty of rome (free movement of all people in europe), european parliment (more powers than our own government, courts, etc). and so many more examples.

this is GREAT BRITAIN, an island which has not much in common with mainland europe. they all hate us, for what we stand for (or should i say used to!!) - just take a look at the farce that the eurovision song contest has become - nil points!!! nothing to do with the songs being bad (although over the years some were terrible) - they just dont vote for us because no-one in europe likes us!! FACT. SO WHY THE HELL ARE WE PRETENDING THAT EVERYTHING IS OK? when its clear to everyone that it is not working for us british people.

take norway and switzerland - who did not join the "european club" and still refuse to do so. they must be saying to themselves "thank god for our wise old governments".

i say, that until we are free from the shackles of europe and the masses of european law/red tape/etc which clearly do not work for us and make BRITISH policies for the good of the BRITISH people, the better.

also, european law forces GREAT BRITAIN to let in anybody from another european country. i live in a remote country village - i have seen eastern european beggers in my town lying on the pavement begging for money? who lets these type of people come here, where are the police, street begging is still illegal in BRITAIN - the frightening answer is no one can stop them doing it - it is their human right!!!

i am an ordinary person, certainly not a racist. it just makes me so frustrated/mad/sad/angry that we have allowed ourselves and GREAT GREAT BRITAIN to become this directionless beast.

i will post a lot of my views on this site over the next few weeks/months but i have started with the "europe/european law" issue as i am certain that if we do not change these things first we will not be able to change/reform any part of our lives here in GREAT BRITAIN today and the unrest and rise of the ordinary people will play into the hands of the far right nationalism/BNP - then god help us all.

Re: BACK IN THE EARLY 1970'S

i say that we (the british people) will never be able to change anything in our great land unless we can remove the shackles that are holding us in sort of "straight jacket of conformity" to the european laws/policies/etc. that until we are free to apply BRITISH law and get ride of all the masses of beurocracy/red tape/liberal dogooders/etc holding us all to ransom, we cannot begin to hope to change back to a GREAT BRITAIN.

im not anti-europe, i have family and friends living there (i go there on my holidays a lot),trade/interact with europe, yes, but we should not be "attached to the europeans by the hip" - we are a proud island nation, we have always been different in so,so many ways - successive british governments have just "gone with the flow" - clearly going with the flow has/is hurting our great country (GREAT COUNTRY - ENGLAND,WALES,SCOTLAND,NORTHERN IRELAND,CHANEL ISLANDS) to the point of bringing it to its knees.

this is, in my opinion, the first step we must take, if we want to change anything back to any sort of normality in our great country with great people.

thank you for reading.

Unfortunately, you go on about making Britain Great Britain - this simply cannot happen. There are too many people born and living in this country who have no connection or regard for the past and everything we stood for. They are, and never will be British. Their cultures, religions and way of life are anathema to the British way and yet they live here, all be it as a country within a country. There can be hope until they are gone. I , myself, am doing my utmost to see that this prevails. Maybe you should too.

People and culture from far and wide made this land. I would suggest we look at us as a lump of rock. I for one have know problem with culture or religon as long as it does not tell me what to do. I love this land i tred. i wish it to thrive and be fruitful. I don't what people to keep plundering it and giving nothing back. The celtic peoples were from europe. The romans. The Anglo Saxons, The Normans, The Royal family they are made up of Spanish Greek French and Germans. I think we need to stand back ask questions. Who told you what it is to be British. Half our History is missing in the Education system. Start there and bring up our kids with the truth. When they talk of the evil that was Hitler they leave out the war crimes commited by the Alies strange that. How many British soldiers raped and murderd others. None i here you say. Read your History between the lines. Then we will get to the bottom of being Bitish