Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shepton mallet Autojumble

I was told today that the scheduled November date for VMCC shepton has been moved to Saturday 14 September & to a new location outside Cheddar

The move to Cheddar is confirmed as being permanent but I have no information on whether this first event is it’s suggested future timing - mid September-
I am awaiting information from VMCC on the Feb / Mar date

Shepton had become my firm favourite jumble to attend so am most disappointed to see its relocation - location & accommodation availability made it a good trip for us travelling

We can only guess why at this point this relocation has happened after many years at Royal Bath

Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Re: Shepton mallet Autojumble

It also clashes with Netley Marsh and Beaulieu I believe...Something else to consider this year...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Great planning...:persevere: ...Ian

Bad news! From Bournemouth to Shepton is only about 50 miles but takes us just as long to get there on the village roads as the 110 miles to Kempton. I can't see us bothering with it now? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Shepton, Cheddar or wherever, an autojumble run by enthusiasts, for enthusiasts, will always have my support, the venue is a minor detail.
The VMCC who have run the Shepton jumble for many years have always put on a great jumble there, which will hopefully transfer sucessfully to wherever they have been forced go.
Given the choice between their jumble and anything run by the boys from "M", I know where I'd go.

I have been doing Shepton jumble for over 40 years, I would hate to miss it, but Beaulieu Saturday is still my favourite day of the year, I suspect there is a very good chance things will change before September.

Rob

['Shepton, Cheddar or wherever, an autojumble run by enthusiasts, for enthusiasts, will always have my support, the venue is a minor detail...']

I wish I could agree...The VMCC have done a good job at Shepton but as a long time jumbler I've seen what can happen to an event when both the date and venue are moved...It may also be that Netley and Beaulieu will pick up some trade from those who don't want to go to Cheddar for whatever reason...Note Rons comment for example, but equally both events could be detrimentally affected....I've heard no details of the new venue to date and that is also relevant to the events success...

As a jumbler, when time effort and overheads are factored in this move, and particularly the date, is not great and just complicates things..I have done Netley every year since its inception and now I have to decide which will be the better event to trade at...As usual, like most organisers, it seems little thought has been given to jumblers by the VMCC when setting the date. Surely it's not beyond the wit of man (or the VMCC) to avoid a clash of dates?...Ian

The clashing of dates on this occasion is unfortunate & I wonder if this year after a possible enforced move from an established venue like B&W was unavoidable

I have a plan to attend netley & beaulieu this year & now with the vmcc event same weekend am a bit torn - it’s all like waiting for London busses - all at once

Every trip over to the uk since I moved home involves considerable expense with a minimum fare of £500 return for ferry alone - I had found however the shepton trip always a great visit - far better than Kempton of these times

Hopefully the future dates & venue will establish themselves in the calendar and we can look forward to our trips there
One thing for sure - you lads in the uk don’t know your luck when it comes down to frequency of autojumbles to attend or engineering services availability

Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

The new site is at "Winchester Farm" which seems to be a car-boot location with lots of farm sheds. I can imagine that a County showground was expensive for a one-day (half a day actually !) jumble.

The distance wouldn't be a game-changer for me, although it is further from Dover, but a Beaulieu clash would. I really enjoy the cross-over with the old car world at Beaulieu.

https://www.vmccsomerset.co.uk/autojumble/

Nieuwe pagina 1