Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
D-Day Normandy Regulations. NEW

Hi All
I am not going over this year, but I have just heard about new regulations being brought in this week by the French covering motorcycles that are being trailered or transported in a van etc. (not ridden)
Something about needing a document to prove that you are attending an event by invitation ??!
The MVT are seeking clarification and will be updating when they are clear on it.

Just thought I would give the heads up..
Richard

email (option): richardpurkiss@hotmail.com

Re: D-Day Normandy Regulations. NEW

I've just been though France and back to Italy using the Tunnel with my WM20 in the back of a Vito.
Never used the Tunnel before and was surprised when the steering wheel was checked for explosives!
Popped out the other end in France and couldn't find any customs??
The return trip was easier?
I even went to the trouble of making sure I had all the paperwork with me including a MOT certificate.

I expect it may be route dependent.

At the Switz border we were not allowed to stop to buy a Vignette!!
A friend had to do it online.

Mark

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Where did this information come from please....was it just" Fred says Joe says" or from some official or reputable source so we can follow it up. Any comment from MVT ? Thanks.

email (option): marian.andrew@btopenworld.com

MVT are looking into it and will clarify soon.

From the other side, a good friend brought his "new" Norton to the UK in a van for servicing work earlier this year and was advised by customs at Hull that a pre-completed form C110 was required. They did though allow him to proceed.

I've vanned the WD16H into the UK twice via Dover since Brexit and have had no problems. It seems to be a lottery.

The mvt have sent forms out today to fill in They need your name Bike make ref and value What you have attended Towing car reg I think that’s it

And also the date of departure and port

So where do I stand as an individual taking my own bike in a van?!!

Scott Larke
So where do I stand as an individual taking my own bike in a van?!!
This is the last chap who tried it.

French-Police-Arrest

Tell me you’re trying to be funny…

If any one needs the forms with the translation instructions, email me and I'll forward them.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

From the MVT site.
Please read the urgent email sent out tonight regarding any vehicle that is trailered into France/taken in a van or truck and armoured vehicles from the UK. Those vehicles need to have a CERFA 15678 form - they are to be handed to customs on the inbound journey and part 2 will be returned to show on the outbound journey. This is guidance was issued to us today. If you have difficulty editing the form in the attachment (this is likely to be adue to software) see this direct link.

https://entreprendre.service-public.fr/vosdroits/R47654?lang=en&fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR2gffp2RVJ597wMiALRwPuf9KaSHop5kEOUqZKXIXvqcvwP9tNN7_1DrO8_aem_AQmxixOmOZGLy8NfBTCMwVkU72TZM3nd79CJBmLruRALLMjesmlSJhkiGVYEJViHWmK384Ul393lH2jSgyiK_nTY

I wonder if the French (or anybody) will look at it...They didn't with the temporary export licences we HAD to have....So will they be searching vans for vehicles in the back?...I suspect not...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nothing opened for me. Like I said if anyone emails me I'll forward on the forms with translated instructions as supplied by the MVT.

I expect you are right Ian. But for the few minutes it takes, better to have them and eventually bin them, than get caught out.

Ron

Did anyone use this document?

Rob

No one that I heard of. Ron

Lots of MVT took them as a precaution. Lots offered them to French customs (I dont think any were asked for!). Some were processed, others met with queried looks. Typical bureaucracy. But I guess there will be the occasion that it will cause someone grief.

We had no problems at all with either Customs or Passport control. In fact quite the opposite, none of the bikes in our van were inspected or their paperwork. All Border security were interested in was that there were no people in the back of the van who shouldn't be there. Our van recently came back from Portugal with English and Portuguese registered bikes in the back. Again no checks on the bikes, just checking for people. The Passport control people in Portsmouth and Ouistreham were friendly,very professional and great fun. Actually the nicest exit and entry back into the UK I can remember.

Nieuwe pagina 1