Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Girder M20 Front Brakeplate to Fork Spacer

Has anyone got the dimensions of the spacer to hand? I got one with this bike, but it seems too wide at 0.447" width. Hope someone can help..

email (option): ian@integsci.com

Re: Girder M20 Front Brakeplate to Fork Spacer

Hi Frank...Mine, with powder coating, measures up at .325"...

When the front wheel assembly (complete) is mounted to the front forks the front brake torque arm should just be 'kissing' the back of the block to which it is bolted when the wheel nuts are fully tightened.....

That way it will be pulled hard against the block when the screw is tightened but will not pull the brakeplate out of alignment with the drum...

Possible problems..Torque arm bent or spacer the incorrect thickness on the brake side...

Speedo assembly/locknut etc. incorrectly assembled or incorrect parts fitted on the speedo side...Fork legs out of alignment if all the above are known to be correct but the wheel assembly is too wide for the forks...

Ensure that the screw that holds the torque arm to the fork legs is in good condition...that the shouldered part is a good fit in the brakeplate 'keyhole' slot, that the depth of the shoulder is slightly less than the thickness of the torque arm material and that after tightening up it does not move (undo slightly) when the locknut on the outside is tightened up...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Girder M20 Front Brakeplate to Fork Spacer

Thanks for that Ian.. I'll 'adjust' the spacer I have..

email (option): ian@integsci.com

Nieuwe pagina 1