Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: UPDATE : 31/08/08 : MEGA-CRITIC : Best Reviewed Albums Of 2008 So Far (With Competition)

sorry htims ... tim means the actual (2008) # 1 in the Meta-Critic-Chart which is Steinski´s Retrospective.
which I also don´t get.

Re: UPDATE : 31/08/08 : MEGA-CRITIC : Best Reviewed Albums Of 2008 So Far (With Competition)

Yup their in need of some updates too. They wont post peoples comments anymore. The new Verve record has close to 50 posts yet not one can you read.

I'm gonna go with Death Magnetic because I don't like TV on the Radio that much. I wouldn't mind owning Death Magnetic though.

I agree with you both about META-Critic. But their number 1 album is never legit, and I also don't believe they normally review compilations ... oh well ... also quick question is BON IVER considered 2008 release or will it be filed under its 2007 self release, just wondering.

I listened to the new TV on Radio and Fleet Foxes are staying @ #1 for sure!

bet you my bottom dollar it wont...

Neither will TV on the Radio. If Arcade Fire are going to have two #1 albums back to back TV on the Radio have a less likely chance of doing the same.

Also keep in mind this chart is based on reviews, and acclaimed music's ratings are based on lists. Fleet Foxes got great reviews, but I don't think it's going to be on quite as many end of the year lists as stuff like TVOTR, Portishead, Bon Iver, etc.

The new Metallica is really good. It's weird, it's like they actually listened to all the fans who've been yelling at them since Load came out.

Poor Vampire Weekend have already been passed off as old news. I hope they get some recognition during the year end lists.

That Fleet Foxes album is rellay wonderful
Looks like a lost gem from 1967-68

I agree, Nicolas!

Curious about that new entry from the senior Randy Newman.

And I wouldn't mind winning a CD of ... TV on the Radio.

In other words, Dear Science is my tip for September!

reviews are pouring in lets see if the album stand the test of time

congrats to TV on the Radio for solid consistency

Excuse me for asking, but what is "Mega-Critic" exactly? At first, I thought it was some reviews-collecting site I hadn't heard of, so I searched for it on google and nothing came up.

Ah, forgive me. I spoke too quickly. Found the explanation thread for Mega-Critic. Nevermind.