The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Yes...

it looks like there is some strictness in regards to some typical 90s classics. I mean, look how low Liz Phair and Luryn Hill are ranked!

Re: Rockdelux best 150 CDs of the 90s

OK, Jacek, you're completely right. The majority of the team of Rockdelux have maintained a position totally against Radiohead (absurd in my opinion), being 2001's "Amnesiac" the only album well reviewed (!). I remember a particularly negative review of "The Bends" in 1995 (a great album, by the way). This position of the writers has generated a lot of angry answers of the readers, especially after the exclusion of "OK Computer" of the best 200 albums in 2002. I think that the controversy and the feed-back raised by these questions is the main reason of the position anti- Radiohead, since thus keeps alive the letters section of the magazine. This is not new in Rockdelux, being previous subjects of controversy such greats bands as The Cure, U2, Oasis and... Nirvana!. At least the position in this last case has changed, being the first reviews very poor (especially the one for "In Utero") but a decade later they put "Smells Like Teen Spirit" in number 2 of the decade and "Nevermind" in number 10. Maybe it's not too late to change their minds about Radiohead?

whats the hell is going on? where is pearl jam????????

What a rubbish list. No Smashing Pumpkins albums there!

I think I've heard that before

This list is crap cause there's no ... (replace the points with your favourite band or album)

Such a terrible list.

You think is crap? ok, no problem. But don´t try to convince me OK Computer is better than Giant Steps; Orange; Blue Lines; Clandestino, etc. In fact 149 of 150 would be better albums for me than OK Computer. And I like 90's albums of Smashing Pumpkins but I will not vote them in any lists because music is much more than the ten or twenty groups always mentioned.

The fact Siamese Dream isnt on that list makes the whole thing void.

If everything looks good, then you’re all set!

full brake service

No matter what type of industrial vehicle you have, we can help you get it back on the road.

fleet repair