Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
EOD List Irish Times (Ireland) (albums)

Irishtimes

I do not know if the list is eligible:

1) It is based on the opinion of critics of the newspaper, but only three people. Perhaps someone in Ireland we could explain something.

2) The list is not Radiohead. I suppose that many ARM (Acclaimers Radiohead Music) will not like this.

1 Arcade Fire  - Funeral (2005) 
2 Arctic Monkeys  - Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not (2006) 
3 The White Stripes  - Elephant (2003) 
4 Bon Iver  - For Emma, Forever Ago (2007) 
5 Fleet Foxes  - Fleet Foxes (2008) 
6 Gillian Welch  - Time (The Revelator) (2001) 
7 Brendan Benson  - Lapalco (2002) 
8 Antony and the Johnsons  - I Am a Bird Now (2005) 
9 Cathy Davey  - Tales of Silversleeve (2007) 
10 Interpol  - Turn on the Bright Lights (2002) 
11 Ryan Adams  - Heartbreaker (2000) 
12 The Strokes  - Is This It (2001) 
13 The Avalanches  - Since I Left You (2000) 
14 PJ Harvey  - Stories From the City, Stories From the Sea (2000) 
15 Amy Winehouse  - Back to Black (2006) 
16 Ash  - Free All Angels (2001) 
17 Animal Collective  - Merriweather Post Pavilion (2009) 
18 Sigur Rós  - Ágaetis Byrjun (2003) 
19 Doves  - The Last Broadcast (2002) 
20 Elbow  - The Seldom Seen Kid (2008) 

Re: EOD List Irish Times (Ireland) (albums)

If Irish Times is the biggest (or one of the biggest) newspaper in Ireland, I think this list could be eligible, even if there are only three writers behind it.

It's the leading newspaper in Ireland as far as I'm aware.

Irelands biggest paper is the Irish Independant but the Irish Times would be a fairly big paper.

I just got Back to Black from the library yesterday. I've listened to it once; I guess I'll get to see what all the hype is about. I don't recall it fairing as comparatively well on the EOY lists when it came out.

Beans
Irelands biggest paper is the Irish Independant but the Irish Times would be a fairly big paper.

Beans, when is the best time to visit Ireland?

ChrisF
Beans

I think pritty much any time between late spring and early autumn is a good time, so I guess thats April to September. Irish weather is very mild and there is not that much of a fluctuation in temperatures. We have been experiencing wetter summers in recent years, so the weather is even more of a lottery than it used to be.

Theres been a drastic reduction in tourist numbers in the last year or so, and hotels are actually boarding on good value, two words that you would not associate with anything in this country in recent years.

ChrisF
Beans

I think pritty much any time between late spring and early autumn is a good time, so I guess thats April to September. Irish weather is very mild and there is not that much of a fluctuation in temperatures. We have been experiencing wetter summers in recent years, so the weather is even more of a lottery than it used to be.

Theres been a drastic reduction in tourist numbers in the last year or so, and hotels are actually boarding on good value, two words that you would not associate with anything in this country in recent years.

Hope that was of some help to you Chris.

It was. Thank you.