Return to Website

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board

Post your Morel Find Reports Here

Unique Morel Hunter's shirts, caps and a lot more!

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Welcome to Morel Mushroom Hunting season 2014!

Welcome to 1 Morel Mushroom Lane! The snow has finally melted here in central Illinois and it's finally beginning to look like Spring!
I am frequently asked if I think this is going to be a good or bad Morel season. My answer this year is, "If we actually have a Spring it should be a good year, if it gets hot and dry early and stays that way, maybe not!"
Of course, Mother Nature only knows and I might as well flip a coin. One thing is certain is that I will enjoy the time in the woods looking and if I find Morels they will find my frying pan!

Don't forget to post your finds and your thoughts here or you can also stop by our Facebook page at

1 Morel Mushroom Lane

Don't forget to leave a message and "Like" us - that would be great!!

Happy Hunting!

John

Email: john@morelsandmore.com

State: Illinois (Central)

Re: Welcome to Morel Mushroom Hunting season 2014!

its in the fiftys here in logan ohio today and calling for 4 to 6 inches of snow tomorrow into monday. I cant wait for them to pop up. im getting the hunger. it should be a good year if the weather is not hot. lets keep our fingers crossed.

Email: jkh_1213@yahoo.com

State: ohio

Here is the thumb of Michigan we can't get out of the -degree temps in the mornings. I don't know if we'll get a spring. I sure hope we start getting some kind of warm weather.

Email: Sandra.apley@baker.edu

State: michigan

Mid 60's day mid 40's at night this week. Looks like a gradual warm up. Yea!

Email: coolmcool@yahoo.com

State: SE Indiana

I'm thinking that all of this cold weather and very little warm is going to at least delay things, regardless of the rain. I would normally have gone out last week or earlier, but stuff just seems to be figuring out how to come up green during the past week!

Email: ljsedgwick@comcast.net

State: IL

I agree. I just got back in and found nothing. The Mau apples have just started to sprout in a few places. Warm up!

Email: john@morelsandmore.com

State: Central IL