Return to Website

Share Your Testimony Of God's Love.

"And they overcame him by the Blood of the Lamb and by the word of their Testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death." Rev. 12:11.

Share Your Testimony Of God's Love.
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Testimony part 4

forced myself to change all I could on the outside; on the inside I was still me. Oh, the true heart of darkness was gone (which was a wonderful miracle in itself), but the tattoo artist biker was still alive and well and missing his world.

Finally I said "Lord, I love you with all my heart and soul. I have to be me. If you want to make me into something better, you can do that, but all of it, even the faith and desire - has to come from you. I offer myself to you, to make of me what you want." After that changes started to happen in me a little faster. It was a long hard battle. Being me, a tattoo artist biker wasn’t so much of a problem, breaking the law was. I was a very popular biker, rode with a popular local club, had a nice Harley, and was a great tattoo artist. But my life was an internal war. Between God changing and molding me on the inside, and the world pulling me and building my ego on the outside, I got all screwed up. The closer I got to God, the harder keeping my old life became. I lived a strange life, a dope dealing Christian tattoo artist biker. Doing tattoos, telling people about the love of God, and selling them a bag when they got low. The really sad part is as sick and depraved as I was, I was still a hundred times better person than I was before that day, May 1st 1987. Still, the Lord was in me, steadily changing me, molding me.

I finally ended up in prison in Minnesota for armed robbery. How does a believer get into a problem like that? I hit the local cops’ favorite doughnut shop. I wasn’t wearing my colors, but it still went over like a load of bricks with my brothers in the club. Off to prison again.
My fifth time in the joint. Didn’t bother me too much, just a vacation from the stress of trying to live in the civilized world. More time to do tattoos and study Gods word. I did study, took all the free mail in Bible study courses I could do, and worked hard. Was president of the prison biker gang, the "Prison Motorcycle Brotherhood", and through it all, I always kept the Love of Jesus in my heart. It’s the only thing I could hold onto to know that my life WAS getting better, that I WAS changing. And the desire to change was getting stronger too.

As I went through my life I shared all I could with as many as I could about how great the Lord was to me, the crazy tattoo artist biker. And as I found myself changing more and more into a Christ like person, I found the Lord using me more and more to do His work. The more I was a part of his work; the more I loved it, and wanted more. I was still a long way from home. I got out of prison and started up the biggest best tattoo shop in the whole region, then founded a tattoo expo/competition, The Lakeview Castle Tattoo You Convention. I got a lot more famous as a tattoo artist, and dope dealer. So, my family, wife and kids, were all trashed by a Lord loving, dope pushing, tattoo artist, biker. It didn’t have to be that way, I was just so messed up it took me a good while longer to get it together.

He kept changing me, the old man was getting farther and farther lost to the spirit of God within, and the stronger I got in Him, the more use he found for me. I still loved Him with all my heart, and still talked to Him daily, and read the Bible. I hardly ever beat anyone up anymore. Tried to almost give up crime altogether, kept myself true to one woman, and when I went back to the joint for the sixth time for two ounces of pure meth, I was astounded! (That’s how blind I was to my condition) I was getting so close to God, so close to being something he could be proud of. I was incredibly confused. But I worked hard, studied the Bible and prayed all the more. I was still president of the Prison Motorcycle brotherhood, but this time I was much more in tune with who I was in God, and who God was in me. I tried to give Him my all. I finally said "Lord! I can’t do this life. I’ve screwed up everything! I love the changes you've made in me, and I love the person you’re building me into, but I'm still getting into trouble with the law, still destroying my life at every corner, still trashing the lives of those I love! Please God, help me be your servant. I give you all of me, my whole life, my whole person, you can have me, just bless my life, let me be a part of your work here on earth. When you need feet, let mine be them. When you need hands, let me be them. When you need a voice, let me speak it." And the changes started to happen in waves. I finally made it off parole, off drugs, and out of crime.

I still stayed in the tattoo trade, I'd learned that it was a great place to serve the Lord, being a light to people from a most unlikely position, and I became quite a good artist, I won over 100 awards in all for tattooing excellence, I’ve even been featured in several magazines, and at the same time I got to know the lord very well. It has still