Return to Website

SNRACING.COM RACING FORUM

Discuss anything relating to Auto Racing. This is a family orientated Forum. Anything deemed objectionable will be removed and the poster may be banned.

SNRACING.COM RACING FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lonsdale Speedway

Looking for Lonsdale cageless midget photo's for a internet

web page.

Don Woolley

http://mvrcp.return.to/

Re: Lonsdale Speedway

Hi,

I raced at Lonsdale in the late fifties as a team mate to Joe McNulty in one of their 200 lap Sportman flat head ford shows, the car was #'98, maroon and ivory coupe, we each drove a hundred laps, and finished 5th, if you have any info, I would appreciate a reply.

Thanks,
Dick Watson

Re: Re: Lonsdale Speedway

Dear Dick,
I was surfing for New England racing history and found this forum. We have old photos and clippings from Joe McNulty's career. He was 'adopted' into our family during the sixties and lived in the upstairs apartment for awhile. He left the stuff with us because we were probably his biggest fans (not to mentions best friends). We'd be more than happy to trade information -- swap McNulty stories and other New England racing stories (Your name came up in some of Joe's racing tales). One of my favorite Lonsdale-McNulty stories was hitting a tree on the backstretch and seeing kids fall out! We live in Tennessee now where the racing is 'sissy-mary' - the fast car starts in front. I'll dig out Joe's stuff and see if there's anything about Lonsdale and your team race. In any case, if this reaches you we'd love to hear from you.
Carol McComiskey